DR. JOEL ROBBINS, D.C., N.D.
Dr. Robbins, founder and president of the College of Natural Health, is a chiropractor and naturopath.
Dr. Robbins was raised on the mission field in South Africa until the age of 14 when his family moved to Houston, TX where he finished high school. He attended LeTourneau University in Longview, TX and San Jancinto College in Houston, TX majoring in pre-med and food chemistry. He went on to graduate from Cleveland Chiropractic College in 1978 with a Doctor of Chiropractic [D.C.] degree. Dr. Robbins began practice in 1978. Later he completed a degree in naturopathic medicine [N.D.]
Dr. Robbins views traditional medicine as being useful for crisis care—saving a life—but it does little to address the cause of health problems. Nutrient deficiencies and toxicity, Dr. Robbins believes, are the basic contributors to disease. Therefore, the primary focus of Dr. Robbins’ practice centers around two things: what the patient is possibly doing wrong that is causing deficiencies and/or toxicity of the body and, two, what the body needs to restore itself to health. Dr. Robbins is a strong advocate of the body’s own healing ability, but believes the patient must give the body the opportunity to do so through lifestyle changes including: diet, juicing, food supplements, rest, exercise, and natural therapies.
He has practiced natural healthcare for over 40 years, lectured around the world, and authored several books on health. Patients consult with Dr. Robbins from all over the globe for natural health therapy options for health problems of all types.
Dr. Robbins is happily married to his childhood sweetheart. They have two daughters, two sons and four dogs, all healthy.
Seminar Speaker/ Lecturer / Instructor
- Natural healthcare lectures/seminars for lay people and professionals through the US and internationally
- Continuing education and clinical practice management lectures/seminars for professions
- Consultant to USAF and NATO fighter pilot trainers on flight fatigue
- Consultant to Oklahoma Air National
- Guard Wing on flight fatigue
- Wisconsin State teachers continuing education program
- Continuing education lectures for hospital nutritionists
- Guest speaker and lecturer on various college and university campuses
- Guest on TV and radio programs; topic: natural healthcare
Authored and published a number of books, CDs and manuals, including:
- Nutrition in The Practice (practical guide for health care professionals on incorporating nutrition into any type of practice)
- Health Through Nutrition
- Eating for Wellness
- Juicing for Health
- Pregnancy, Childbirth and Children’s Diet
- Protein Hang-Ups
- Attitudes and Health
- Hope for Cardiovascular Disease